I'm stumped.  But just for kicks, try:

<mx:RemoteObject id="getDataOOS"
source="'uk.co.mycompany.dao.GetSalesDAO" showBusyCursor="true"
result="hello(event)" fault="onRemObjError(event)" />

No method declaration, and result and fault handlers on the RO itself.
 You should be able to call the getDataOOS() method exactly as you are
now.  Not really sure this will make any kind of difference though.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "digital_eyezed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>