From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of james_dhap
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:27 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Debugging Web Service call

Hi Tom,
There are two places I would recommend starting with.  The first is to
 see if any data is actually being sent out by the player to the
WebService.  The easiest way to do this is to use an HTTP request
debugger to sniff the outgoing/incoming data.  There are a lot of
options out there but I prefer Tamper Data (see my previous post),
mainly because it intergrates with Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/966/

What you want to do with this app (or any other debugger) is to see if
the request is being sent out to the service by the player.  If you
don't see a request being sent out then you know that there is some
problem in your Flex code or a conflict in the Flex Framework. If the
data never leaves I would set a breakpoint on the send method and
start stepping into the Framework code and see where it goes wrong.

If you see the request is being sent but nothing is being returned
then you can pursue the service and verify that its not hanging or
doing something wrong.

It's kind of hard to recommend other ideas without seeing your code,
but I totally understand why you can't post it.

-- James