I was noticing one one of my datagrids that its sorting a column of data
as strings vs numbers.

ie if it contains values of 0, 120, 2 as default ascending sort,
clicking the header results in a descending sort of 2,120,0.

http://www.5etdemi.com/blog/archives/2006/01/sorting-datagrid-columns-numerically/

had what I thought would be the trick but I seem to be stuck at a
compile error:

X 1042: The this keyword cannot be used in static methods. It can only
be used in instance methods, function closures, and global code.

So I ask, what am I missing? and is it just me or is this something that
you would assume flexbuilders components should cover? Seems like
something that would be come across a fair bit no?

Impudent1
LeapFrog Productions