Weldon,

The Flex 2 "MXML tag reference" is a subset of the "Flex 2 Language Reference" which you can find online here:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/langref/

The packages in the "Flex 2 Language Reference" fall into two general categories:  Flash Player core classes (flash.*), and MXML Framework classes (mx.*)

My sense is the MXML Framework classes are the "MXML tag reference" you are looking for.  Note:  as you browse the classes of the mx.* classes, there is sample code at the bottom of many pages.

The "Flex 2 Language Reference" also is installed with Flex Builder 2.  You can access it from the menu by selecting:  Help -> Find in Language Reference

Another great MXML resource is Flex 2 Component Explorer which you can find online here:
http://examples.adobe.com/flex2/inproduct/sdk/explorer/explorer.html

The Component Explorer has a tree from which you select MXML components or controls.  2 panes to the right then display both the compiled SWF and the uncompiled MXML.

Sergey provided the indispensable link to the top level docs.  Some are in html only (like the Language Reference), some are in PDF only (like the Migration Guide), and some are available in both HTML and PDF.  I think another one you may want is the "Flex 2 Developer's Guide" (in PDF 1,416 pages).

There are other great resources like instructor lead training, and training videos both online and on DVD.

Happy Flexing,