Rick Root wrote:
> I don't want to have to tell my client base *NOT* to download the Yahoo
> Toolbar, and it annoys the heck out of me that Adobe puts that on their
> download page and checks it by default.
>
> Are there any other options besides directing people to the adobe page herE:
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

FAQ here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/faq/#item-4-1

Summary, as I recall: Those few IE/Win users who do not use the normal
ActiveX background installation, but are instead directed to the Adobe
webpages, are the ones who can see additional download offers on those
pages. Specifying a minimum version in your OBJECT tag should be enough
to avoid any exposure to unwanted offers.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd