Thanks Thomas and Darren for taking the time to help me out. I have
had a read of the article you suggested Darren and that definitely
looks like a cleaner way of doing things. I'll give that a shot...

I am still having problems actually getting my object out of the
result although I can see the values in there in the debugger but
casting it is causing me problems. I will have a go with the 'Darron'
method and if my troubles persist I'm sure I'll be back to the group
with another post.

Thanks again for your help...

Graham

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Houle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Graham
>
> I see someone else answered your question, but... you might also
want to
> look at Darron's page which talks about the Cairngorm Responder vs
the Flex
> IResponder:
>
> http://www.darronschall.com/weblog/archives/000234.cfm
>
> The onResult(event:* = null):void method you asked about tells me
you're
> using/learning the "pure" Cairngorm architecture which employs a
Cairngorm