edugalvez wrote:
> How can my flex 2 application manipulate images on the client file
> system?
> Read manipulate as sepia-toning, resizing, rotating, exif-reading and
> uploading to server. Mainly jpgs.

That's funny... I just replied to a similar question on a ColdFusion
mailing list... let me paste the links here:

> Subject: Re: OT: Flash or Ajax to Compliment CF Project
> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:29:48 -0700
> From: John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: cf-talk@houseoffusion.com
>
> Dakota Burns wrote:
>> I have a fairly large CF project coming up with an interactive piece that
>> will involve changing colors on car parts (roll mouse over hood for design
>> or color, select & post to database or session), possibly an audio greeting
>> - that sort of thing.
>
> The audio requirement may resolve the question in itself, although for
> some presentations it may not matter exactly how each browser invokes
> the audio file.
>
> A more subtle advantage may be in the on-demand coloring... it's
> possible to use the realtime color matrix filtering in Adobe Flash
> Player 8 and above to change the coloring of an image without having to
> download a new file. Docs & example:
> http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00002079.html
> http://page.freett.com/isolations_nest/upload/test20.html

The realtime clientside filtering capabilities can be set through the
Adobe Flash Professional 8 authoring environment, but are also exposed
to ActionScript control. Lots of good Flex-specific links here too:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ColorMatrixFilter+flex

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd