Well, I don't have anything to miss since I've not used FDS and don't
have experience with Java or CF. I am currently working in a .NET
shop, so WS are really the only viable choice (barring WebOrb or
whatever).

My app pulls in reams of data from the web services, and I like that I
can receive it as XML. The .. operator is a godsend when you're
dealing with data that might be 15 levels deep in the return 'object'.

Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Knudsen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this is actually a topic I've wondered about.  I'm using
RemoteObjects with