It is probably processing the entire result as a string.  When you get the result back from the remoteObject call, set the dataProvider of your tree to a new xml object created using the string value of your result.

Something like this…

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

            private function handleResult( result:Object ) : void

            {

                        myTree.dataProvider = new XML( result.toString() );

            }

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:RemoteObject … … … result=”handleResult(event.result)” />

-Andy

Andrew Trice

Cynergy Systems, Inc.

http://www.cynergysystems.com