Is this still unresolved?  I'm in cairngorm too, and have the same problem.  callLater isn't working; I need to set the selectedIndexes after the grids are populated with data.  Timer is a hack in this case because there's no way for me to determine how long the data will take.  Same with setInterval.  I going with passing the view into the event if I can figure out how to do this.

Mike