I see what you mean Jeff.  There used to be a getMenuItemAt()
function (myMenu.getMenuAt(0).getMenuItemAt(1).enabled = false), but
it looks like it has been depreciated.  Sorry for wasting your
time.  You can always modify the enabled attributes in the
dataProvider, after the xml has loaded.  Just another thought.

Good luck,
Tim

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jeff tapper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sadly, thats where the problems started for me.  I'm able to get
at
> the top level items, using getMenuAt or even using the menuItems
> array, but sadly, i cant seem to get a handle on the first child
menu

> var myMenu:MenuBar = myMenuBar;
> var nextLevel:* = myMenu.getMenuAt(0);
>
> // throws error Property menuItems not found on mx.controls.Menu
> var firstNestedChild:* = nextLevel.menuItems;
>
> // throws error (Property getMenuAt not found on mx.controls.Menu)
> var firstNestedChild:* = nextLevel.getMenuAt(0);
>
> so, coming back to the original question, what syntax can i use to
> get a handle on the nested children MenuBarItems?
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <TimHoff@> wrote:
> >
> > Bummer - sorry,
> >
> > Probably need to look at MenuBar.getMenuAt(index).
> >
> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jeff tapper" <jeff@> wrote:
> > >
> > > unfortunately not, its populated dynamically at run time.  Any
> > other
> > > ideas on how to address a nested child of the menu?

> (0)}">
enabled="{model.FileMenuEnabledFlags
> > > (1)}"/>
> enabled="{model.FileMenuEnabledFlags