Hi someguy,

Based on the traffic that you sent it appears that your WS app
server is not blocking access at this point - the error is occuring
in your Axis web service rather than at the web container level.
And this error is complaining that there is no auth header.  Here's
my series of educated guesses.

- assuming that the contraints are set up properly you may have
successfully authenticated at some point as far as the web container
is concerned.  Subsequently it sees your jsessionid and says, "Hey,
this guy is already logged in so no need to ask for credentials
again."

- your web service is assuming that there will always be an auth
header.  Not true - it will only be sent in response to a challenge
from the server.  If the server recognizes the authenticated session
then there will be no further challenge and therefore no auth header.

If you need to do user verification from the service you will need
to do manual checking of user info then you'll need to use
request.getUserPrincipal().

Tom Ruggles
FDS QA

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you verified that the server hosting your web service has
basic auth configured correctly? Your code looks correct so perhaps
when the FDS proxy makes the call against the remote server it isn't
being challenged for basic auth credentials? Try requesting your
WSDL in a browser and verify that the browser's challenge box pops
up.