Claus,

The specific case here is using WebServices which is additive to using just XML.

Ted

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Claus Wahlers
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:33 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [flexcoders] Re: Choice of backend systems - which provides

> No I am not exaggerating.
> Run a Web Services call on my mothers old Dell and you can count the
> seconds. When AMF was first added to Flash Player 6, the primary reason
> was performance on slow machines. AMF was much faster then and it
> remains the case. XML parsing performance decays non-linearly on slower
> machines and with larger xml documents.

I fully understand that AMF is faster than XML. I also understand that
FDS offers us way more than just AMF. I also understand that FDS in
general, and AMF in particular makes things much easier for developers.
I just don't want to accept that XML is as slow as you make it appear to
be ;)

> Keep me honest Claus!

I try ;)

Cheers,