A webservice commonly does this:

* authentication (optional)
* a service/method is invoked with an optional set of arguments
* the service returns a result

Why not abstract your service system to allow SOAP + REST + XML-RPC +
JSON + AMF ?

As long as the interface is abstracted, it doesnt matter anymore and for
every problem you can pick the best tool for the job..

Evert

--
www.rooftopsolutions.nl