Thanks Jeff, That seemed to work great! The next question that I have
is once I have the xml loaded in, how do I go about working with it.
Basically what I want to do is access the attributes of two child
nodes and use them as the dataProviders for the field and fieldName
properties of a piechart component.. My test xml looks like this:

<gender>
        <male label="male" percent="30" />
        <female label="female" percent="70" />
</gender>

I am open to any suggestions you may have if you have a better way of
formatting the xml to make it easier to use. Also, do you know of any
good sites that have solid flex2 tutorials? I've pretty much exhausted
everything I've found on the web thus far and am still finding myself
confused.. Thanks again for all the help!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Tapper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> try this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";