Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

There were many discussions about the FronController just growing and
growing. Do you happen to have a solution for refactoring?
(For example, on a large project, when there are many developers
working, all of them has to edit the FrontController to add an event.)

Andi

e_baggg wrote:

>Andi-
>  Nothing changes with the FrontController and Commands. You would
>still have 3 separate commands (1 each for add, update, delete).
>
>Remember, the generic CairngormEvent classes calls:
>"super(commandName)" ....
>
>so the dispatchEvent() for each call would like this:
>
> dispatchEvent(new WidgetEvent(WidgetFrontController.ADD_WIDGET,
>widgetVO));
> dispatchEvent(new WidgetEvent(WidgetFrontController.UPDATE_WIDGET,
>widgetVO));
> dispatchEvent(new WidgetEvent(WidgetFrontController.DELETE_WIDGET,
>widgetVO));
>
>and each Command will apropriately be called just like it was. The key
> is we're no longer hard-coding the "WidgetFrontController.ADD_WIDGET"
>into each CairngormEvent sublcass.
>
>--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Varga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>e_baggg wrote:
>>

>>>Hello group-
>>> I hadn't seen a previous post regarding this explicity so I wrote a
>>>small blog about it. It helps reduce the #of classes that get created
>>>when using Cairngorm (a big issue with me since the client is VERY
>>>picky with their swf file sizes). This blog shows the code for usuing
>>>a reusable CairngormEvent versus creating separate classes for each
>>>dispatchable event.
>>>

>>http://ebaggg.blogspot.com/2006/08/cairngormevent-anti-pattern-we-all.html
>>

>>>Thoughts?
>>>

>>The ideea is good, but how do you handle them further?
>>Will you have 3 different commands associated with the same event? And
>>each Command will start with an if statement, to see if that's the
>>

>event
>

>>he supposed to answer to? Doesn't seem right.
>>
>>Andi
>>

>--

Andrea Varga
Managing Partner / Project Manager
Certified Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Developer

--
Spin Development Srl

Tel: +44 207 043 1304
Fax: +44 207 681 1376
Skype ID: vargaandrea

Mon-Fri : 8 AM - 5 PM GMT+2
Saturday: 8 AM - 4 PM GMT+2 (Support only)