FDS should cache your app after the first compilation and only recompile if changes were made.

João Fernandes

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dorkie dork from dorktown
Sent: terça-feira, 29 de Agosto de 2006 17:32
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Can Flex Data Services Compile on the Fly?

In a somewhat related question is there any limitations to this approach?

For example, if you have the single server license of FDS (that comes
with Flex 2) installed on a single server is there a limit to the
number of clients that connect to it to compile with it? IE Does FDS
crap out if you have more than 1000 mxml files requested by FDS and
FDS has to compile them all. The 1000 is just a variable number, it
could 100 or million.

On 8/29/06, João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfer[EMAIL PROTECTED]com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> FDS can compile on the fly like Flex 1.x. You can select from the 2 options:
> 1) Compile it and deploy the swf file
> 2) Deploy the mxml files and have FDS compile it for you.
>
> João Fernandes