Hey Louie,

I don't believe that package exists. I've been using the attached file in my AMFPHP projects. Maybe it can benefit you too. After dropping it in your project root just add the following ActionScript to your app:

import flash.net.Responder;
public var gateway:RemotingConnection;
public var response:Responder;

//basic query method
public function getData(service:String):void{
        response = new Responder(onResult, onFault); //success and failure functions
        gateway = new RemotingConnection("http://yourdomain.com/flashservices/gateway.php"); //connect to the gateway
        gateway.call(service, response); //call the service
}

//basic data modification method
public function updateData(service:String, params:Array):void{
        response = new Responder(onResult, onFault); //success and failure functions
        gateway = new RemotingConnection("http://yourdomain.com/flashservices/gateway.php"); //connect to the gateway
        gateway.call(service, response, params); //call the service
}

Then, just make those calls when necessary later on in your app. HTH...

P E A C E

Hasan
hasan.otuome.com
www.marxmedia.net
thesourcecode.org
Adobe Certified Professional (Flash MX2004 Developer)

Louie Penaflor wrote:

Hi,

            I’m trying to do some php remoting from flexbuilder and I’m getting a Definition mx.remoting could not be found.  I have flash 8 installed do I have to tell flex the directory of the mx libraries are?  Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Louie Penaflor

Web Software Developer

World Council of Credit Unions, Inc.

Ph: (608)231-7932

This is a transmission from World Council of Credit Unions, Inc. and contains information that is confidential. If you are not the intended addressee or authorized to receive for the addressee, then any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately at the transmitting e-mail address. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that this e-mail transmission is not encrypted or otherwise protected from potential misappropriation or misuse. World Council of Credit Unions, Inc. expressly disclaims any and all liability for harm resulting from the misappropriation, interception or misuse of the information contained in this transmission.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7 - Release Date: 8/29/2006

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
package
{
        import flash.net.NetConnection;
        import flash.net.ObjectEncoding;

        public class RemotingConnection extends NetConnection
        {
                public function RemotingConnection( sURL:String )
                {
                        objectEncoding = ObjectEncoding.AMF0;
                        if (sURL) connect( sURL );
                }

                public function AppendToGatewayUrl( s : String ) : void
                {
                        //