I wonder if I'm alone in the experience of Flex Builder and Eclipse
(v2.0.143459 plugin, Eclipse 3.2) trying to beat me senseless as I
setup and build multiple SWF applications which share a single core
actionscript framework folder?

O wise and nimble Flex Masters and Mistresses, please share a comment
or perhaps a humbling gibe about the few beans I'm spilling.

So for this multi-swf AS3 product the Main SWFs dynamically load other
SWFs to save on user launch times.

I first find Eclipse constraining (read: head-lock) me with an imposed
file layout proscribed by the eclipse.org flexible-projects workspace
management strategy discussed here:
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/flexible-projects-proposal.html

.../framework/src/my/common/packages/...
.../module1/Module1.as
.../module2/Module2.as
.../module3/Module3.as
.../module4/Module4.as

Does anyone else do this other than me?

Eclipse, and FB2 to an extent, then block me (read as: multiple suflex
body slams) when I try to stuff my modules inside or above my
framework dir.  So I relocate all the modules far far away from my
framework and setup a Linked Resources path variable (Prefs -> General
-> Workspace) pointing to the framework for each of my many many
modules.

Guess what happens next.

At this point my compile is broken (all happiness is crushed).  After
I unbreak it via hand edits to .project and/or
.actionScriptProperties, step-debugging is broken for stepping into
the framework code, which I unbreak via guesswork and fiddling with
IDE settings.

To me I feel this "Linked Resources" project management feature is not
yet fully supported in the latest version of Flex Builder and could be
with a dot release (2.1?) of Flex Builder.  Adobe experimentation
with/evaluation of large-project "Linked Resource" behaviors could
uncover eclipse's plugin features acting inconsistently,
malfunctioning, and brutishly slamming innocent projects with folding
metal chairs I believe.

Am I alone when I use FB with hope of outputting multiple SWF's using
a common code base?  Does any other developer here have a story to
share about writing apps with >1 SWF modules that share code with each
other?

Cheers,
Nick