Is that 1,700 lines of code in one file?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex Builder 2, getting slower as code grows

switch off incremental compilation. build when you need it, or deploy to a seperate server and build there

On 8/29/06, j_sevlie < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there some kind of coding limitation on how much Flex Builder can
handle before it gets completely unusable?

I'm currently working on a rather complicated project that's sitting
at about 1,700 lines of code, and the code editor in Flex Builder is
getting painfully slow to work with.  If I just start typing anything
I can watch my CPU spike to 100% and sit there until I'm done typing.

I still need to use Design mode because it's *awesome* for lining
everything up.  Is this a case where I'm just going to have to find a
way to break everything up into smaller components?  About 70% of the
1,700 lines is all Actionscript.

I've got a P4 with 2 GB of RAM and Flex Builder will routinely consume
400-600MB of memory while I'm working.

Thanks, Jacob

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org