Can you try using LocalConnection ?

Not sure, just thought..

-abdul

On 8/31/06, mitchgrasso <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Although the docs would lead me to believe this isn't possible, I
wanted to confirm whether you can dynamically load a SWF animation
created in Flash into a Flex application and be able to access it's
timeline to jump to a frame or set the framerate, etc. I have been
using SWFLoader to load the SWF file.

Am I missing something here? Do we need to wait for Flash 9 until you
can control a SWF animation in Flex? I hope I am just lamely confused...

thanks

Mitch