Ok then, have you set your return type in your method table? It also has to be the fully qualified name.

2006/9/1, joangarnetdotcom <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:
Hi, thanx for you repy.
I did set $gateway->setBaseCustomMappingsPath() to point to the classpath where my PHP classes are.
All PHP classes are matching exactly the same "package" path as my AS classes (just to make things easier).
I did not set $incoming nor $outgoing in advancedsettings.php as, if I understood well, this is not necessary if you set $_explicitTtpe with the class' fully qualified name  in the PHP class.

Please tell me if I'm wrong or if you think there's some more light on this.
Cheers!
Joan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Oriol Gual" < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you changed your advancedsettings.php to correctly map your classes?
>
> 2006/8/31, joangarnetdotcom [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> > Hi, I'm in a Flex2 app.
> > I can't manage to map a php return value to the right AS type...
> >
> > In my service method I have this return statement:
> > return new Result( true, new Status() );
> >
> > In Result.php I have
> > public $_explicitType = "org.bestiario.website.Result";
> > In Status.php I have
> > public $_explicitType = "org.bestiario.website.Status ";
> > I also have the corresponding Result.as and Status.as classes on the Flex
> > side.
> >
> > In my HTTP debugger (Charles) I can see the AMF packet coming with correct
> > types as you can see here: http://www.joangarnet.com/_otras/charles.gif
> >
> > But when the callback executes and I do:
> > public function onResult( event:* = null ):void
> > {
> > var res:Result = Result( event.result);
> > }
> > I get the following exception:
> > TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] to org.bestiario.website.Result.
> >
> > Any ideas??
> > Cheers!
> >
> > P.S. I'm using Renaun's RemoteObjectAMF0 class to call amfphp services.