I see in the docs where you should be able to send an XML document using application/xml.

I have never done this, I have only used string name=value pairs.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mthielman11
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 9:02 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Anyone actually able to save data from flex

I passed this info to my other programmers and they insist the
documentation says we need to send the XML as an odject. We are using
odjects to retrieve data. If I take out the post and the application
type I get the xml to show in the call on the server but the body is empty

/testServer/store?a=b&odject=%3Cphysician%3E%3Ctest%3Eabc%3C%2Ftest%3E%3C%2Fphysician%3E

maybe we are extremely dense but we still can not get this save to work.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the problem is as someone else noted, that HTTPService needs a
> string, and you are trying to pass it an object.
>

> Note that in Mike Collins' example he uses toXMLString(). I use string
> in the example I sent you directly.
>

> Also, is your server side app getting the querystring arguments (a=b)
> successfully? In 1.5 it was illegal to put arguments on the url, I do
> not know if that has changed in 2.0.
>

> Tracy