You know more than I do at this point ;)

On 9/1/06, Daniel Wabyick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks John,

That definitely works, although I was curious how to do this using
non-Flex API calls. I figured out that part of my problem is that at
creationComplete(), the Application is not added to the display-list,
and thus you can't find out the root or stage. So, I changed the
example to applicationComplete, and at that point the stage, root, and
loaderInfo objects are defined and you can access them.

My next question - how do you find the base URL in a data class with no
reference to a DisplayObject? It seems like you need to get access to
the global display list, but I am unsure how to do that.

Working code to access the url and stage.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
layout="absolute" applicationComplete="{ showURL(); }">

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;
private function showURL() : void
{
Alert.show( "url: " + this.loaderInfo.url + " stage: " +
this.stage );
}
]]>
</mx:Script>