Mike, Adam

A textinput can have rounded corners try this.

<mx:TextInput cornerRadius="10" borderStyle="solid"/>

without the borderStyle set to solid it doesn't work.

.....but i'll still need to use your (Mike) 'quick/right fix' for my
issue.
thanks
bod

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schmalle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BTW,
>
> The 'right fix' is to create yourself a new border class that does
this and
> controls all rounded corners.
>
> The 'quick fix' is to put the TextInput in a Box.
>
> Peace, Mike
>
> On 9/6/06, bhaq1972 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   thanks for the clarification.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Michael
> > Schmalle"

> > > "roundedCorners".
> > >
> > > There is no bug, the HaloBorder specifications do not allow a
> > TextInput to
> > > have rounded corners.
> > >
> > > The only styles it allows are none, solid, inset.
> > >
> > > And in those render methods, it only calls
> > >
> > > draw3dBorder() which does not implement rounded corners.
> > >
> > > This is an enhancement not a bug issue.
> > >
> > > Peace, Mike

> > point

40yahoogroups.com><flexcoders%