From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of lostinrecursion
Sent: Friday, 8 September 2006 6:28 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Cairngorm... Where should this go?

Sorry but I have to interject on this. Intsrestingly enough I asked a
similar question some days ago and did not receive a response from a
design pettern perspective, but from a "what works" perspective. I am
actually 85% of the tim all about what works, so not there is anything
wrong with it. But, I would like to hear some other rhoughts on it
since Validation is integral to just about every RIA that accepts data
on the planet.

In MVC, the Validators seem to be more of a middle ground issue. Since
the Model contains the business logic and is fed data to process and
the controller merely acts as waystation back and forth from view to
model, it would seem to me that there should almost be another letter
in MVC since validation doesn't really fit anywhere.

However, it would seem to me that a Validation function would be
placed in the model itself. Since the view should only query the model
to get its current state and accept the user input, it seems it should
not be in the View to promote modularity. {myModel.dataIsValid == true}

Because what if you wanted to add another View to the application??
(As the OP mentioned) Seems to me like it would be malformed in the View.

Hmmmm... Perhaps MVCV - ;)