I hope I'm not stating the obvious here, but have you declared the namespace in the application tag?
e.g. <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
    xmlns:myproject="com.mysite.projectname.*" />
<mx:HBox>
    <myproject:MyComponent />
</mx:HBox
</mx:Application>

HTH

Phil

Dr Van Nostrand wrote:

I'm working on an AS3 project, using FB2. It's a library. I want to include
a separate "demos" folder within the project. The demos would use the
library, for testing as I write it, and later as examples for people who
will use the library. I can't seem to figure out how to have my application
classes in the demo folder properly access the source of my library. My
directory structure is:

myproject
--demos
--com
----mysite
------projectname

All my library source files are in "projectname". I can only seem to get
demo/test classes to work when they are at the top level within the
myproject directory. Basically I would like to import
com.mysite.projectname.* into the various test and demo classes within the
demo folder.

TIA

(I accidentally posted this without a subject -- this is a repost, sorry if
it appears twice)

Phil Marston
Technology Enhanced Learning
Centre for Learning & Teaching