Hi guys,

we are developing an application that has login functionality.
Depending on the "context" (offline, online, ...) the application runs
in, we would like to switch between local file io and online database
access via remoting or webservices to read and write the user data.

I was thinking were the best place would be to put the switch mechanism.

My thought: We would have a LoginCommand that calls a business
delegate (let's call it AuthenticationDelegate) to talk to the remote
services, web services or the local file system. The command doesn"t
create a specific business delegate but gets it from a configured
locater or even a factory that tries to look up the context. The
command receives a IAuthenticationDelegate instance which would be a
specific implementation of WebserviceAuthenticationDelegate,
RemotingAuthenticationDelegate or LocalAuthenticationDelegate.

Does this seem like a good solution to you guys, would you place the
switch elsewhere or is the idea bad altogether?
If it is a good idea, how would the command receive an instance?

thx for your time,
Christophe

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional