David,

Oops, while that first link I sent is related, this is following heading in the docs is more on point to your original request:
    Using query string parameters
    http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/00001006.html

Again, I hope this all helps,

On 9/14/06, greg h <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
David,

How you will access that URL parameter inside of Flex 2 is detailed in the docs here:
    Using the Application.application.parameters object
    http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/00001004.html

hth,