Thanks Doug, I was just catching up on this thread and was about to post this very point. It is VERY important to understand this requirement when building Flex SWFs – you must introduce a dependency on the ActionScript class that has a RemoteClass relationship to a CFC so that the compiler links in the class when building the SWF. Also note that the [RemoteClass] metadata does more than simply call flash.net.registerClassAlias for your class – it ensures that the class is initialized and that this alias registration happens statically before the Flex application is finished initializing. This is important because all of this must happen before any RemoteObject calls are made to the ColdFusion server.

Also, I saw someone mention that the properties have to be in the same order... I don’t believe this is a requirement.

Pete

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Going Bananas, CFC to AS3 Class Mapping

then the mapping ain't happening, eh?  Somewhere in your code you have to have at least one instance of your AS class
private var myFooForTheCompiler:Foo = new Foo();
If you do not have htis, the compiler will not include Foo.as in the SWF and thus it will not be available at runtime, and thus the magical mapping can't work.  If you indeed did this, you may need to clean the project and maybe even restart FB.  I've notice that the incremental compiles can get messed up sometimes.

DK

On 9/24/06, Paul Hastings <paul.hastings@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/24/06, Douglas Knudsen <douglasknudsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the Flex Debugger you can see the array of objects are typed.  Note you may need to instantiate a Foo.as object somewhere in your code to insure the compiler includes the class at compile time.

but i'm still seeing the array as an array of plain Objects.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:flexcoders-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto: flexcoders-fullfeat[EMAIL PROTECTED].com

    flexcoders-unsubscr[EMAIL PROTECTED]com

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it?