We have a middle layer that is responsible for storing files in a
repository. We provide web services using SOAP and attachments, DIME,
that allow injection and retrieval of these files, mostly TIFF images.

We're planning on utilizing Flex and FDS for various interactions. If I
capture these images as Stream on the FDS layer, how can I transfer the
file to the Flex client?

You can't return attachments with SOAP calls from the client, right?

I don't want to cache the image to disk on the server side and retrieve
via URL. I'd like to transfer the binary data over the wire in the
communication between the client and FDS. How do you deal with the data
on the client side?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: