Hey Aaron,

The first parameter of PopUpManager.createPopUp() is the parent displayObject of the popup window.  When you call PopUpManager.centerPopUp(), the popup is centered relative to the parent.  I'm using code similar to this to center the popup in the application.

public var popUpWindow:IFlexDisplayObject;
public var popUpParent:DisplayObject;

popUpParent = Application.application.mainView.mainCanvas;
popUpWindow = PopUpManager.createPopUp(popUpParent,searchingPopUpView,false);
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(popUpWindow);

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "aaron smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is there a way that you can center a popup to the entire application. I
> don't see anything in the docs. I don't neccessarily want to center it to
> whatever is opening the pop-up. I guess what i mean is moving it to dead
> center, not center to the opening object.
>
> thanks all
> smith