I've also tried a using a dispatchevent to a callLater which calls
my recursive function.  Still no progress bar until the recursive
function completes.  This isn't the first issue I've had with the
callLater function either--it seems there may be some sort of bug
with how it actually executes because for me, it always executes
immediately after I call it.

Anyway, doing what you suggest--using a break in the code--if my
dispatchEvent (on Click) displays my ProgressBar, theres a break in
the code.  I then had it set up so that the ProgressBar would fire a
call for the CreationComplete event to call my rescursion.  So
there's two steps before the recursion gets called and still no
progress bar.

I'd be more than happy to send you the code, because something
definitely isn't right.

Wayne