I made the original post and I never did get this working either.  Sorry I don’t have a solution but for what its worth I still get the same error you do and haven’t been able to figure out why.  I haven’t perused this problem further because I have taken a different approach and no longer require incremental compiling from the command line compiler.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Spitzer
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 2:23 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] mxmlc -increment not working.

I'm not actually using "increment" as the subject line suggests
(increment reports an error). I have "-incremental=true". ... Here's
what it looks like in my ANT target.

<target name="Administrator">
<java jar="${mxmlc.jar}" fork="true">
<arg
line="-local-fonts-snapshot='${flexsdk.home}/frameworks/winFonts.ser'"/>
<arg
line="-load-config='${flexsdk.home}/frameworks/flex-config.xml' "/>
<arg
line="-load-config+='${basedir}/Administrator/build/Administrator-config.xml'
"/>
<arg
line="-load-config+='${basedir}/Administrator/build/Administrator-includes.xml'
"/>
<arg line="-library-path+='${fluidas3.lib}'"/>
<arg line="-library-path+='${flex.lib}'"/>
<arg line="-library-path+='${locale.lib}'"/>
<arg line="-library-path+='${admin.lib}'"/>
<arg line="-incremental=true"/>
<arg line="-output
'${basedir}/Administrator/htdocs/bin/Administrator.swf'"/>
<arg line="--"/>
<arg line="'${basedir}/Administrator/as3/Administrator.mxml'"/>
</java>
</target>

Igor Costa wrote:
> put -increment=true;
>

> -increment is a boolean paramater, just put true or false to get start
> working
>
> On 10/2/06, *Paul Spitzer* < [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
>
> Did anyone ever figure this out? I've having the same problem. I'm
> trying to use incremental compiling w/ ANT but am getting the
> following
> error...
>
> "Failed to match the compile target with ...
> Administrator_405624.cache.
> The cache file will not be reused."
>
> The .cache file is created without any problems but the compiler is
> complaining about it.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lance Linder"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I am getting the following message from the MXMLC compiler when
> calling
> > it from NAnt using the -increment parameter.
> >

> > "[exec] Failed to match the compile target with
> myApp_411843.cache. The
> > cache file will not be reused."
> >

> > I don' t see any reason why this wouldn't work if I run multiple
> > compiles back to back using the -increment parameter and I don't
> even
> > change any code.
> >

> > I do see _xxxxx.cache files showing up but as you can see the
> compiler
> > refuses to use them.
> >

> > Any ideas?