Hi Dubby

Result format as default it's Object as the other member pointed you to labelField you can set via AS3 or just in MXML the last result format for that.

For example if you are retrive to XML you just put
labelField="data.item"

for each item you get response.

for using an Array collection you cold do that.

[Bindable]
public var SampleCFC:ArrayCollection;
private function resultHandler9(event:ResultEvent):void {
  SampleCFC = event.result as ArrayCollection;

Remember that you have to use Bindable Property to works.