Thanks Seth. I should have read the docs. :)... "Preserves the class
(type) of an object when the object is encoded in Action Message Format
(AMF)." I didn't know it was AMF specific.

It /would/ be great to see some more support for this kind of thing. In
the past we've done things like...

response.__proto__ = User.prototype;
Function(User).call(response);
var user: User = User(response);

Where response is the parsed anonymous object from the web service and
User is the type. Now, I'm having to manually iterate the anonymous
object and populate an instance of the type.

best,

Paul

Seth Hodgson wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> registerClassAlias(...) is used by the Flash Player to drive AMF
> serialization/deserialization. In the web service scenario, you're not
> getting back AMF formatted data so this built-in function doesn't help out.
>
> For now, you'll need to write your own helper classes that take the e4x
> formatted result from your web service invocation and use it to create a
> typed instance(s) of your choosing.
>
> Streamlining this process is on our roadmap.
>
> Best,
> Seth

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional