Three words, “XML”.  Hmm, maybe that’s one word…?  Anyway, that is what you want.  I don’t do RemoteObject myself, so you will have to figure out the exact data types you are going to pass.  I pass xml strings, use HTTPService with resultFormat=”e4x” and the XML class inside Flex.

You can asign an XML object directly to a tree’s dataProvider.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of frederic_dematos
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:15 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Fill a Tree >From a JAVA Class

Hi,

I want to fill an mx:Tree from a Java class talking with webDav.

I am calling my Java class using the Remoting Object.

On the actionScript I want to call the method getFiles of my Java
class and give the result to the mx.Tree. The problem is I don't know
which kind of data and which king of structure to pass to the data
provider of the tree.

If somebody had already meet that kind of problem , thanks for your help.

Frédéric DE MATOS