I was going to ask this yesterday but I find documentation on using
Flex to connect to a database nearly non-existant, you know what I
mean?

I would like to see a step by step tutorial that says, "Here is how
you make a search page, results page, detail page and edit page in
Flex WITH", and this is a big WITH, "the backend code."

I know there is a lot of technologies out there so everyone will have
their own SSS (server side setup/system they are using (I just made up
SSS right this minute. "SSS" term copyright judah 2006 ;)) .
Specifically, I'd like a php and mysql tutorial. But I've also worked
with ASP.NET in AS2 and at the moment I'm working with JSP and JBOSS.
So maybe if we just start with one then they can be converted to other
SSS's.

To ramble on further, the problem isnt "accessing" the db. Its
everything else. Thanks for listening. I may repost this in another
thread for visibility.

Judah
ps actually by tomorrow sss will probably sound lame. or be
misinterprited. sss? super silly socks? striped slimy salamanders?
sorry so sloppy? ok it's already taken i guess. nevermind everyone on
the whole new acronym thing!

On 10/4/06, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Tracy,
>
> That's something that I'll have to play around with down the road.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have not set up parallel access paths so that I could benchmark
> these
> > protocols. Intuition tells me that the extra data load and extra
> parsing
> > that must be associated with SOAP messages must make that a little
> > slower.  But I must also say that both methods are very fast and
> would
> > not let theoretical performance differences be the primary deciding
> > factor.
> >

> > In my case, I have found retrieving and manipulating pure xml to
> be much
> > simpler than dealing with web services and soap.
> >

> > Tracy

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: