--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks alot.  That worked.  I had to put spaces between the "" marks
like: prompt=" ", or it ignored the prompt and just put my first data
item up.  With prompt and a space between, it works beautifully.
Thanks again,

jlentz

> Hi jlentz,
>
> Can't really tell if this will fix your problem; from the code provided.
> But, instead of having the first item in the dataProvider as blank, you
> could use the prompt property instead:
>
> <mx:ComboBox x="354" y="267" maxHeight="200" rowCount="10" width="60"
>       enabled="true" id="stateName" prompt="" >
>         <mx:ArrayCollection>
>              <mx:String>AK</mx:String>
>              <mx:String>AL</mx:String>
>              <mx:String>AR</mx:String>
>          </mx:ArrayCollection>
> </mx:ComboBox>
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jlentz2112" <jelentz@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm hoping someone can explain a weird ComboBox effect I'm seeing.
> > I'm trying to have the ComboBox drop down with the 50 states, but I
> > want it to initially be blank. I've defined the ComboBox as:
> > <mx:ComboBox x="354" y="267" maxHeight="200" rowCount="10" width="60"
> > enabled="true" id="stateName"

dataProvider="{patientDataScreenData.lastResult.stateLabels.String}"></m\
> x:ComboBox>
> >
> > The dataProvider is <stateLabels>
> > <mx:String label="" data="0"/>
> > <mx:String label="AL" data="1"/>
> > <mx:String label="WY" data="50"/>
> > </stateLabels>
> >
> > What's happening is that when I scroll the combobox, I get some of the
> > states blanked out. If I use "ZZ" instead of "" for the first item,
> > it works fine. If I use a space " ", it prints a 0 in the combobox,
> > but the scrolling works fine. Only a "" causes blanks to overwrite
> > some of my dropdown list. It looks like it is blanking the first
> > state that is "off" the dropdown list area. Any thoughts on what is
> > causing it or how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > jlentz

<*> Your email settings: