Did you try using the scaleContent property of the image? I guess that should solve your problem directly

Thanks
Harish

On 10/7/06, Willy Ci < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

thanks,
I will try your way over the long weekend!

Willy

On 10/6/06, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Willy,

If this was Flash, you would just place a mask over the image. In
Flex, you can emulate this by placing the image inside a container
that uses absolute positioning.

<mx:Canvas width="100" height="100"
verticalScrollPolicy="off"
horizontalScrollPolicy="off">
<mx:Image x="-200" y="-300" source="large_image.jpg"/>
</mx:Canvas>

-TH