bump

I think there are a few of us looking to dynamically link framework swf's (as rsl's) into our work. Any further info?

Is the RSL/linker guy back? :)

Thanks
Angus

On 29/09/06, Mike Morearty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think this is necessary. I gave a pointer to how to
recompile it because someone asked, but it is deliberate that we only
ship a single swc: as I said, when you link that swc into your
project, it strips out all the debug information. There is no
performance or size hit on your swf. The Ant process is intended to
be for people who really want to do some advanced stuff, like modify
the flex framework, but for almost all users, it shouldn't be
necessary.

The one use case where you might be right -- and I'm kind of unclear
on this -- is the case where you want to dynamically link to the swc
at runtime.

Does that make sense? The expert on all this stuff is out on
vacation right now -- I probably shouldn't have injected myself into
this so deeply, because I'm the debugger guy, not the RSL/linker guy;
I don't know all the subtle details of RSLs. When the RSL/linker guy
gets back, I'll ask him about this.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Anatole Tartakovsky"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mike,
> It might make sense to have separate folder in SDK with all the
libraries
> compiled without debugging for size/performance reasons.
Realistically,
> every production application would like to benefit from that and
subjecting
> everybody to Ant process - especially given the additional libs
like fds,
> rpc, etc that come without sources. Please let me know if I should
file
> feature request or if it is already done.
> Sincerely,
> Anatole Tartakovsky
>

> On 9/28/06, Mike Morearty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Are you changing them to be external, rather than statically
linked
> > into your app? Because if you're leaving them statically linked
into
> > your app (the default), then there is no need to recompile them
with -
> > debug=false; at link time, if linking the release swf, the linker
will
> > strip out all of the debug information.
> >
> > If you are changing them to be external, then... take a look at
> > frameworks/build_framework.xml (an Ant script). I haven't tried
it and
> > don't know much about it.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Anatole
> > Tartakovsky"
> > <anatole.tartakovsky@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Mike,
> > > Is there way to get standard libraries (framework, rpc, flex,
etc)
> > built
> > > with -debug=false
> > > Thank you,