Hi there!

The best way I found to work with binarys/xml is Base64... Flex has
built in classes for that (Base64Encoder and Base64Decoder)

Regards

Rogério

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Hastings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 10/1/06, EECOLOR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think it has something to do with the way you write the
information to the byte array. If you try to write it as an object,
the information (a string in your case) will be translated to the AMF
equivalant of the string, which is not the actual data you need. So
somehow (and i dont have enough experience with this, nor the time to
test it myself right now) you should convert the string of bytes to
actual bytes.

> thanks, but i'll probably have to punt on this for the time being &
> write out the graphics as files & pass their locations thru to flex. i
> keep getting blind-sided by a bunch of seemingly trivial stuff flex
> side, it's thrown my project schedule in the trash can several times
> ;-)
>
> though one final question, the binaries are PNG. would that have an
effect?

> > Hope you get there, and when you do, please post the solution :)
>
> i'll re-visit this as soon as we can get the project back on schedule.
>
> thanks.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: