your AS version should work fine.  Are you having a problem?

Ely.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sam
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 9:26 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] XML as a dataprovider

Hi,
I'm trying to use XML as a dataprovider to charts and the short
useless blurb in the flex 2 manual isn't helping. If I use
<mx:HTTPService to get my xml then bind that to the dataprovider to a
<mx:AreaChart it works fine:

<mx:HTTPService id="getXML"/>
<mx:AreaChart width="100%"
dataProvider="{getXML.lastResult.xport.data.row}">

Where the xml is in the form of:

<xport>
<data>
<row/>
</data>
</xport>

But if I try to assign the dataprovider dynamicly in actionscript
using a urlloader/urlrequest then doing a :

myXML = XML(myLoader.data);

as the docs suggest I can't just go:

myChart.dataProvider = myXML

Or any part of myXML like myXML.xport.data.row

Is there a way to stick myXML into the dataprovider or is the correct
way to go through all this MXML (I'd rather use AS)?

Thanks