Hi Thomas,

i can't see a problem with that.

Generally though, if you implement multiple independant
frontcontrollers, you need to take care of the event names. Every
event ends up in the global singleton instance of the
CairngormEventDispatcher. If two events have the same name - boom, the
last one wins. You could add the FrontController's  qualified name to
avoid name clashes, e.g.

public static const EVENT_MY_EVENT : String =
"de.bokelberg.myapp.control.MyAppController.myevent";

Cheers,
Ralf.

On 10/11/06, Thomas Rühl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello flexcoders,
>
> I am currently building a complex Flex application that has several
> views which differ significantly and are to be displayed depending on
> the user type. This user type is being evaluated at runtime by a login
> component.
>
> For faster development, and the initial rather simple requirements to
> the application, I choose to implement everything into one single
> application, so for now everything is wired up using one
> FrontController, one Model, and so on...
>
> However, regarding some new requirements and therefore the explosiveness
> of the app, chances are pretty good that I will be forced to split
> things up into several single applications, that are dynamically loaded
> at runtime.
>
> The question is, can I start outsourcing things by implementing one
> FrontController for each of the once-to-be sub applications? Has anyone
> experience with this? Without reviewing Cairngorm, I think I might
> already run into problems having more than one FrontController instance...
>
> I'd like each of the sub systems to have its own event handling and
> Cairngorm structure in the background, befor I split it up completely...
>
> Cheerio, Thomas
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>    Thomas Rühl
>    Design, Programming & Concepts
>
>    akitogo OHG
>    Hanauer Landstrasse 188
>    60314 Frankfurt
>
>    Telefon +49 (0) 69 800 69 445
>    Fax     +49 (0) 69 800 69 449
>    Mobil   +49 (0) 179 750 75 87
>    E-Mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    Web     http://www.akitogo.com

Ralf Bokelberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Flex & Flash Consultant based in Cologne/Germany

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: