Hi everyone,

I saw in the documentation that one can't bind to elements of an arrays.
Indeed, it seems that something like <label text={someArray[1]}/> does nothing.

I searched through the mailing list archive and made some tests myself, but couldn't find
something really simple.

- The first step seems to put :
        "someArray.replaceItemAt(1, item)" instead of "someArray[1] = item"
        The reason is that it will make someArray dispatch a "modelChanged" event.

- I tried several things, including using mx:Model or mx:Binding tags to make the linkage,
but then I doesn't work, and I couldn't find anyhting better than :
        "someArray.addEventListener("modelChanged", this);"
With an event handling function that does the binding.

Although it is working, it looks a bit dirty. I hope there is some way to do it without any actionscript lines,
just like the other bindings.

- Here is a little example of something that I took as a starting example. What can be done to make it work ?

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
        var sourceArray = [ "one", "two", "three" ];
]]>
</mx:Script>
        <mx:TextInput id="sourceText" text="Replace It ! "/>
        <mx:Button label="Update data" click="sourceArray.replaceItemAt(1, sourceText.text);" />
        <mx:Label text="sourceArray.getItemAt(1)='{ sourceArray.getItemAt(1) }'" />

Thanks,
Damien __._,_.___