We're beginning the process here of migrating to Flex 2.  As part of that we are also switching our java development from an old version of IntelliJ (the people who control the purse strings won't pay for all the new licenses for intellij we would require--especially since they just dug deep into their pockets for new Flex2 and Flex2 builder licenses).  I initially installed the Flex Builder 2 standalone, thinking that would be all we needed.  It didn't take me too long to figure out there was no Java Development tools included.  Doh.

After pulling my hair out for a while I've figured out I need to do one of two things: Uninstall FB2, download Eclipse 3.1.2, then reinstall with FB2 as a plugin; or Download the JDT tools plugin into the standalone.  Searching the archives seems to indicate most people think the first option is the way to go, but my question then is, where do I download it?  Adobe doesn't provide any links and going to Eclipse.org I was only able to find 3.2.x versions, which the flex2 system requirements clearly state is not supported.  I did find a JbossIDE which purports to have Eclipse 3.1.2, but I'm a little leery of getting it after the previous experience.  Does anyone have a useful link or recommendations?  Or should I download the JDT stuff into FB2?  Would that just be all the plugins listed when I go to 'Help->Software Updates->Find and Install...' and select the Eclipse.org update site?

If someone can also point me to some tutorial or documentation on how to easily bundle up settings and plugins and share/install them among a development team that would also be a real help.  So far the 'copy-the-plugins-directory' approach we used with Intellij is looking very doubtful as a good solution.

While I'm on the subject does anyone know of any useful plugins to install to ease the transition or duplicate intellij features?  I'm already looking at installing wpt and the fds plugin on the adobe flex exchange and I'd like to see if there are other good ones.

Thanks for all the help

--
Ronald Kinion
Senior Web Developer, MIS

We help lower your cost of IT procurement.
Recipient of Microsoft Operational Excellence Award for 2006. IBM Premier Business Partner. Lenovo Premier Business Partner. HP Platinum Business Partner. Microsoft Large Account Reseller. 2006 Minority Supplier of the Year, awarded by the Northwest Minority Business Council. Zones is a certified Minority Business Enterprise.