Hi Bruce,

i can't reproduce the problem. How are you using the CustomEvent?
This is my testcode:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
        layout="vertical" creationComplete="onCreationComplete()">

        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[

                        import event.CustomEvent;

                        private function onCreationComplete() : void
                        {
                                trace("ApplicationEntry::onCreationComplete " +
new CustomEvent("test"));
                        }
        ]]>
        </mx:Script>

</mx:Application>

Cheers,
Ralf

On 10/13/06, boy_trike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have found this simple framework works very well for me.
> /*
> Riawave - pattern-based best practices for flex 2 development
>  */
> In the fact that it solves two main problems for me, sharing data between all
> components
> in the application and intercomponent communication in a lightweight form.
>
>   One of the features which I have not (can not!) use is the CustomEvent
> class that I am
> including below.  Whenever I import this into an component that use a event
> property, i
> get the following error:
> Access of undefined property ... in package event.
>

> /*
> Riawave - pattern-based best practices for flex 2 development
>
> Contact:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Blog: http://www.twmug.com
>
> All rights reserved, 2006 Richtechmedia.com
> */
>
> package event {
>
>         import flash.events.Event;
>
>         public class CustomEvent extends Event{
>
>                 public var data:* = "default data";
>                 public var msg:* = "default msg";
>
>                 //type, data, arga
>                 public function CustomEvent(type:String, ... args){
>
>                         super(type, true, true);
>
>                         if(args){
>                                 this.data = ( args[0] != undefined ) ?
> args[0] : trace("");
>                                 this.msg = ( args[1] != undefined ) ? args[1]
> : trace("");
>                         }
>                 }
>
>         }
> }
>

> Thanks
> Bruce

Ralf Bokelberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Flex & Flash Consultant based in Cologne/Germany

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: