Are you relying on knowing when the 0th element of image changes?  If not you can ignore the warning.  If you do care you may need to write your own collectionChange event handler on the XMLListCollection to update correctly.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Mazzocchi
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:11 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Data binding issue

Has anyone had this warning come up? What did you do about it?

"Data binding will not be able to detect changes when using square bracket operator. For Array, please use ArrayCollection.getItemAt() instead."

I don't have an Array but an XMLList(Collection) ... in my MXML, I tried replacing

data.image[0][EMAIL PROTECTED] AND data.image[0]

WITH

data.image.getItemAt(0)[EMAIL PROTECTED] AND data.image.getItemAt(0)

No errors, but it doesn't work either.

Cheers
John