I’ll ask the FB team.  What happens if you backspace over readyTimer, then re-type?  I think I’ve found that often it needs to be typing as opposed to go to something that already exists.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of e_baggg
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:50 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Unable to pull up API in FlexBuilder with Ctrl + Spacebar

This has to be the most frustrating thing I've come across in a long
time (more frustrating then when my computer got hosed trying to debug
Flex 1.5 apps accidentally with the Flash 8.5 beta plugin).

Anyway, I am no longer able to pull up the dynamic menu of class names
and variable attributes when typing code in FlexBuilder and hitting
"Ctrl" + "Space bar".

Right now, I have to manually copy and paste full class names to
import a class, and ctrl + click around to get variable names. This
has dramatically slowed my performance. Not to mention having to go to
the docs to see the available functions. :-(

If I type "var s : S" .. then the menu pops up and as I keep typing
String it narrows down to "String"...but for existing lines of code
like this:
var readyTimer:Timer = new Timer(100, 0);
readyTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, timerHandler);

If I put the cursor after the "readyTimer." and hit "Ctrl +
Spacebar"..I get nothing.

I've tried all of the following to no luck:

1.) Running Project --> Clean
2.) Restarting my PC
3.) (From the beta days), Removing the Flex Project, then deleting the
'bin', 'html-template', and '.settings' directories and the .project,
.flexProperties, and .actionScriptProperties files...then recreating
the Flex project.
4.) Uninstalled my Flex Builder, downloaded the latest FB2 from
adobe.com, and created the new project pointing to my files.

Any ideas? I do not have any "Problems" (errors) in my Project. This
problem exists for my AS files and MXML files. I know for a fact my
Ctrl & spacebar buttons work too b/c I can Ctrl Save. *sigh*