in the createChildren method,  try making textField.border=false; that might solve the issue. I am guessing, I havent tried it myself.

On 10/16/06, Wally Randall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A while ago Darron Schall posted this component for extending the
CheckBox to permit multiple lines. It works great. I have used this
method to do the same feature with RadioButtons. However, the
resulting box places a black border around the label text.

How can I remove that black border?
====
This is Darron's component

package
{
import mx.controls.CheckBox;
import flash.text.TextFieldAutoSize;

public class MultiLineCheckBox extends CheckBox
{
public function MultiLineCheckBox()
{
super();

callLater( measure );
}

override protected function createChildren():void
{
super.createChildren();
textField.wordWrap = true;
textField.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT;
textField.border = true;
}

override protected function measure():void
{
super.measure();
// Make sure the text field has measured itself
if ( textField.height > 4 )
{
measuredMinHeight = minHeight = textField.height;